2012 Bow Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting 2012 Bow Season

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone April 8, 2013 at 11:08 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

The bow season opened this past Saturday here in CT, I was working the weekend so never got out until this morning. Got into my stand at dark thirty and waited for daylight which was slow in coming because of the over cast skys. Nothing seen or heard in the first hour or so then I caught movement below me and gave a few calls on a grunt tube, soon I saw a deer heading my way but it turned out to be a fawn of the year and it’s mother. They spent about 10 minutes picking up acorns and walking all around my stand then they finally walked off. Rain started coming down so I headed for the house, we are having downpours right now and 40 MPH winds so it’s douthful I’ll be going out tomorrow morning.

wishinone
    Participant

Wanted to go to Mono Pond this morning but a second trip to the reading room made it too late to get there by sunrise so headed out back. Didn’t get to hunt very long before a bucket truck came down the hill and started making all kinds of racket a couple of hundred yards from me. Said the hell with it and headed home, back to work tonight, next time out will be next Tuesday evening.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Our season opens in 10 days.

wishinone
    Participant

Being not going to work until 11 PM I went back out this evening, had a doe come behind me start to go through low spot in stone wall until she noticed me in tree. Then she came back and walked all around tree looking up trying to figure what the heck I was.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Just got word that Columbus day weekend will be rifle season here for youth hunters

wishinone
    Participant

Boy that’s pretty early.

wishinone
    Participant

Went out about 4:30 yesterday afternoon with the wind kicking pretty good. All was quite until about 5:45 when an adult doe came in and started feeding right in front of me, after about ten minutes a fawn joined her and boy was it playful. The shots I could have had if only one of them was a antlered buck, they were picking up acorns nose to nose I guess that’s how the fawns get trained in what to eat and not eat. After 20 minutes they moved behind me and up the hill, a but later I saw another deer heading my way but it turned up the hill about 70 yards out and I didn’t get to see what it was. Heading to an area this morning I haven’t hunted yet this year will report on that later.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Yesterday was our first day of bow season. I put 4 hours in the stand. Pretty sure I bumped one on the way from the stand. Other then that it was so windy you couldn’t hear anything. Wyatt came face to face at 10 yards with a big fat doe on the way home, but couldn’t get an arrow knocked fast enough.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Just got a wet ass yesterday. A little bit too warm if you ask me. This weekend ought to nice. Problem is rifle opens for youth hunters.

wishinone
    Participant

Three days of rain and in the 80’s tomorrow, not a good week to be off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.