2013 Bow Season

Home Forums Archery Chit Chat 2013 Bow Season

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff October 7, 2013 at 6:02 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

It started today and I barely got into the woods before first light. With everything still greened up it’s hard to see very far which I think is good being I could hear the deer coming for awhile before seeing them. First in was a doe with twin fawns, she spotted me and did a very slow walk around the tree I was in, the fawns just kept eating. Then I heard running a one deer was chasing another behind me to my right then I saw a big doe come over the hill and two yearlings walked right under my stand but both are does. A big deer comes down the hill about 60-70 yards out and I can’t see it’s head clearly but it does an about face and heads back up the hill, soon I see another deer feeding out front of me and as I’m watching it the sky opens up and rain is coming down. I’m sure I seen at least 10 deer in an hour, with a big pile of buck crap under the stand it’s just a matter of time before I see him. Right now I got to decide if I should order two new trail cams as all of mine have died.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I think our cam is on its way out too. Deer are moving big time up here too. Bucks are already battling it out as witnessed yesterday.

wishinone
    Participant

Up at 4 AM this morning and stepped outside where it sounded like rain falling, turned out to be extremely heavy dew due to fog which formed over night. I headed into woods without my bow taking just my GoPro camera hoping for some close up video. With the full moon the last few nights I only seen two fawns running up the hill and later a doe and single fawn come down about 50 yards out, I tried filming some but don’t know yet how it turned out. Oh one other thing I broke down and ordered two new trailcams, should be here by the end of next week.

wishinone
    Participant

When I went to work Friday evening between the back yard and the top of the hill I counted 11 does and fawns, so I told the wife yesterday that we have too many in the area and I plan on shooting one or two if I get a shot. Of course in two and a half hours this morning of sitting in my stand I didn’t see a thing, not even a tree rat. The temp in in the 70’s right now so I think no evening hunting will be going on but will head out tomorrow morning again.

wishinone
    Participant

Out yesterday morning and the woods were pretty quite, I heard a squirrel and hawk scolding each other and a fox barking after first light. I was sitting there for an hour and a half and my camera beeped letting me know the battery had died when just behind me a deer started stomping it’s foot because of the noise it just heard. I didn’t move as the deer stomped and stomped, after a few minutes I looked to my left and saw it standing in the brush about 50 yards away, it flicked it’s tail a few times as it walked out of sight I’m not sure what it was but it was a good size deer.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Too damn hot here in the afternoons here. I told Wyatt we don’t need anymore deer right now. Taking a few days off

wishinone
    Participant

Went fishing this morning and planned to deer hunt this afternoon but storms are headed this way with 50 MPH winds. Here the view from my stand out back, a doe came down the hill but it was so thick where she was you can’t see her in the video.

[BBvideo 560,340:3uxbrfpc]http://youtu.be/E-fff10-seY[/BBvideo:3uxbrfpc]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.