2013 NY Deer Hunting

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting 2013 NY Deer Hunting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff December 5, 2013 at 4:31 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Opening day success for the kid. Otsego County NY

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well opening day of gun came and went. Wyatt let two small bucks pass early in the morning and I didn’t see or hear anything during the morning hunt. Daytime temps became mild and I headed back out at around 1pm. Late in the day Wyatt got a shot at a running buck but missed. At 4:30 I got a big fat doe in the cross ears and the rest is history. More meat in the freezer.

wishinone
    Participant

Weather moving in this morning should have them moving, good luck.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Been out everyday since gun opened. Didn’t see anything yesterday but the day before I had a buck cross right in front of me as I walked the road home. He didn’t see me and went down the bank and was out of sight in an instance. I immediately went into the woods on the same side hoping to cut him off. Where he went in was a steep ravine and I was able to walk the top of it, and stay above him at an angle. He was on the move and wasn’t slowing down for squat. He wasn’t running or anything but he had a good pace. About 60 yards in I spotted him down below me through the trees. I got him in the scope a few times but just way too much shit in the way to get a clean shot.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Could have dropped another big doe last night. Had two come walking down the hill just before quitting time. Had the scope on her the whole time hoping she had a set of antlers. would have been an easy kill shot, thats for sure.

wishinone
    Participant

Opening day here in CT, saw few hunters out as I came home from work this morning. Heard one shot a little while ago very far away.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Put 9 straight hours in yesterday. Saw two deer the whole day, but herds of deer tracks going every which way. where the hell do they hide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.