2015 Connecticut Turkeys

Home Forums Turkey Hunting 2015 Connecticut Turkeys

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone November 4, 2015 at 8:29 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Season’s been over a week, I’ve seen several hens around but no poults with them, at least not yet. Coming home from work this morning right in the middle of town there was two longbeards feeding in someone’s driveway, the beard of one was dragging on the ground as he walked.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

They are hatching here. Ronnie saw two hens with poults up in his fields last week.The little bastards where already jumping trying to fly.

wishinone
    Participant

When going for ice cream last night we seen a hen for the third time in the same place, I’m sure she has a nest near by and should have poults with her soon. On the way home from getting blood work done this morning a gobbler is strutting in someone’s yard, he knows where he’s safe.

wishinone
    Participant

Was surprised to see 3 gobblers strutting and a half dozen or so hens running around them a few days ago, I guess there will be some late nesting this year. Coming home from Tractor Supply I seen 5 gobblers together in a corn field, the first I’ve seen there this year, I wonder where the heck they spent the spring season.

wishinone
    Participant

Finally saw two hens together with poults, was doing 70 mph so only managed to count five probably less than a week old by their size.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good deal

wishinone
    Participant

A guy was deer hunting this past week and he said a group went by him strutting and gobbling as they went, he didn’t have a turkey tag so couldn’t shoot.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.