2015 Deer Hunting Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting 2015 Deer Hunting Season

This topic contains 57 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone December 22, 2015 at 7:47 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Running late this morning, I grab my gear and drive down two towns and hit a dirt road for a few miles to get near my stand. As I’m checking my pockets walking down the road I hit my back pockets and no wallet, left my dang license home, so back home I go. Couldn’t hunt yesterday due to doctors appointments in the AM and PM, have to go to a dinner tonight so now have to wait until tomorrow to get back out.

wishinone
    Participant

Now have a copy of license in zip lock inside my back pack, had copies setting here but never thought about them. Running around trying to find Scrape Mate for my drip bottles, Cablea’s had nothing, Walmart had only three bottles but with drip bottles so I had to pay $19.00 a piece to get what I want. Went out back to swap out drip bottles and pull SD card, first picture is Sunday during legal shooting hours, of course no sunday hunting allowed here. Second picture he walked 5 yards in front of my stand, picture 3 I went hunting somewhere else again he walked in front of my stand. The bigger buck showed up early this morning, would like to see him during daylight, and yea he walked in front of my stand too.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

As I’m checking my pockets walking down the road I hit my back pockets and no wallet, left my dang license home

Hahahaha! I did the same damn thing a week ago!

wishinone
    Participant

Out yesterday morning, afternoon and this morning and only seen one doe yesterday morning and she stayed in some thick brush and never offered a shot. Pulled the SD card from the state land camera and got pictures of a guy checking out my mock scrape, he never bothered the camera or blind, only picture of a deer was a hind leg that was it for five nights. I have hunted five different spots on state land this year without seeing one deer in over a dozen times hunting, not too good.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Was out last night too and notta. Wanted to go out today but the dang rain is right on my door step.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well the wind is whipping and the snow is flying. Probably heading out this morning. Only one week left before rifle season.

wishinone
    Participant

Well some guys seem to step in it, guy here in CT went out yesterday morning with the wind hitting him smack in the face and a group of five bucks walked in front of him, he picked out an eight pointer and dropped it. That’s four more bucks then I’ve see all season.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

LOL. I’ve seen more deer these last two days then I have seen all season

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Like I said earlier this weekend was the best weekend, as far as deer sightings since the 2015 NY bow season kicked off on October 1st. For me at least.

Headed out Saturday afternoon around noon. High winds and snow filled the air. As soon as I get into the woods I catch movement up ahead on the hillside. Wasn’t sure what it was as it moved fast and looked very dark to me. Seconds later I see legs moving through the cover and then a deer emerges. Then possibly a second deer. If ask me it was a buck chasing a doe. Just the way it was behaving. I couldn’t get a real good look since they were at least 80 yards away. Before I knew it they were up and over the bank and out of sight.

So I proceeded to make the hillside climb all the way to the top of state land. On one of the logging roads I was on it rises above an old farm pasture that is all grown in. The area is known to hold many deer within, mostly for bedding. Just as I make the turn in the road to head straight up I catch movement on the edge of the field below me. Sure enough a deer moving quickly and swiftly. Saw it for a split second before it just vanished into the thick brush. Couldn’t even get the binoculars on it to look for head gear. There could have been more deer ahead of that deer on the same trail. Who knows. Come to think of it, it could have been the very same deer I seen an 1/2 hour earlier in the woods below. The direction they headed off into and me knowing the deer trail system they have in that area, it could have been very well them. I was just able to catch up to them by circling around. That was it for the whole day in deer sightings until I jumped one bedded down on my way off the hill just before sunset. It wanted no part of me and hauled ass down the steep hill.

During my afternoon journey on Saturday I found some new buck rubs here and there that weren’t there a few days ago. I also stumbled upon a ladder 2-man tree stand up on state land I believe that has been there a couple of years. It was well off the beaten path so it’s probably safe where it is. Still no name or any other type of ID posted on the stand which I think is NY law if placing stands on state land. Not sure on that deal.

I will post Sundays hunt within a day or two. Time is a running short and got to head out.

wishinone
    Participant

Went to two places yesterday and not a deer seen in AM or PM, sucks because where I went in the PM is state land and where I plan to be tomorrow morning for the opening of our A shotgun season. It was dark when I got home and when I got out of the truck I hear a motor running and talking behind the house but I see nothing. After I change my clothes and come out of the cellar there are two 4 wheelers coming through the woods, they cut through my neighbors yard and load onto trucks parked the other side of it. Another reason I’m not seeing deer behind the house. Have to get a new pair of boots this morning, tried gluing the sole of my old ones but not holding.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.