2015 Deer Hunting Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting 2015 Deer Hunting Season

This topic contains 57 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone December 22, 2015 at 7:47 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I have not seen or even jumped a deer since the opening day of rifle season.

wishinone
    Participant

Almost 50 degrees and heavy fog, not a morning to be in the woods.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Two days left of rifle and its over. Blackpowder opens Monday. Was out in shorts and a T shirt yesterday.

wishinone
    Participant

I know, today is starting at 50 degrees, our blackpowder season is open and I haven’t seen anybody out around here.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well I just had the worst ever deer season in my entire life. Both bow and rifle were bullshit in my book. First thing that hurt me was the lack of apples and other food sources on my side of the hill. But I will admit I seen more deer during bow season then I seen during rifle. In fact I never seen, bumped or jumped a deer since the opening day of rifle. Only one day of the rifle season did I ever see or hear a deer.

The weather was just too warm and lack of snow made it impossible to focus in the woods while scanning for movement or perhaps a bedded deer. In fact I hunted most of the gun season in a long sleeve T-shirt. If this is how deer hunting is down south I probably wouldn’t even bother with it unless the rut was in full swing.

Now here is the big kick in the ass I got this season. The state of New York decided for whatever reason, that it would be a good idea to come into 600 acres of the primary hunting land I use almost exclusively and mark trees. They did this for 2 or 3 days at the end of the first week of rifle season. Seriously!? Are you f@cking kidding me? They trampled over every inch going form tree to tree, to decide which one gets cut and which one stays. It has been about 16 years since they touched my side of the hill but give me a freakin break! Couldn’t it have waited until after deer season? That right there killed the area. So now I’m pissed.

Today our black powder season opener. I won’t get out but plan on it by this weekend when the cold air and snow arrives. It’s all over next Tuesday at sunset and I know for a fact that there are still some good size deer still patrolling my neck of the woods. Including that big buck I seen on opening day as he is still rubbing trees as of late as this week.

wishinone
    Participant

Can’t even think of deer hunting when it’s 61 degrees out right now, what they have going for them in some of the southern states is they are allowed to bait for deer, hog and turkey. Hell even here in CT in two areas below me bow hunters can put bait out on private property next month. Pulled SD card from trail cam I set up on scrape and got three pictures in three days, one a streak running through and the other two of a doe working it.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Last day and its all over. Damn rain is on my door step though.

wishinone
    Participant

Pulled SD card covering the scrape again and the only deer working it is a button buck, freaking unbelievable.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.