Big Trout Heading To CT Lakes

Home Forums Fishing Big Trout Heading To CT Lakes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff February 2, 2015 at 10:31 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

CT DEEP raises a strain of Brown Trout called “Seeforellen” at our Kensington Hatchery. This strain of brown trout is known for fantastic growth. This month we will be stocking 400 of our 5 year old surplus broodstock into selected lakes around the state. These fish are huge. The average weight is 15 pounds with some of the fish being just over 20 pounds!!! Stay tuned for more details. Below is one of the fish that will be stocked in the next few weeks.

Big Brown Trout

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Those are nice. Love to catch one

wishinone
    Participant

You would not believe all the negative comments being made on the DEEP post of the stockings. The DEEP said the fish only have a year or two more to live and they way people to catch a trout of a life time, but assholes are bitching that people are catching and keeping them (a total of three) so far.

wishinone
    Participant

My fishing buddy Joe caught one of these and it weighted over 15 pounds, he tried to send me pictures several times but I never got them to post.

wishinone
    Participant

Finally got the pics of Joe and his trout.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.