Bow Season 2014

Home Forums Archery Chit Chat Bow Season 2014

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone October 18, 2014 at 10:09 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Will see if I can find it locally. Five minutes ago I was looking out the back door and saw two deer coming toward the yard, as they got closer I saw one was the five pointer, he came right out to the bird feeders and picked up some seed then turned and walked back into the woods. Of course my bow is downstairs in the cellar.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Mothers excuse was you were sick and not in her yard…..

wishinone
    Participant

Yes, too much pain to do much of anything, was only in the woods for an hour or less the days I went out last week. Went to doctors three times last week and going to see another one today.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Did not bother going out on opening day. Between the difficulty of pulling my bow back coupled with my loss of hearing (need to see doc again) not to mention the mild weather, I just stayed put.

Oh and this year is the worst for apples and what not in the woods. We are in a drought too and everything is dried up. Even the crick is only a trickle of water. I have never seen it so dry in the years I can remember.

wishinone
    Participant

Over two inches of rain yesterday in our area helped quite a bit, still drizzling this morning a bit. Did you back off on your bow ? This buck has been here 8 nights in a row now, the smaller buck is travelling a lot during the day.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Yep I, 2 turns back. A crossbow my be in my future

wishinone
    Participant

Sat in a tree for a little over an hour this morning and saw nothing but a chipmunk, warming up quick into the 70’s today. Tomorrow would be good but no Sunday hunting here in CT.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.