CT Turkeys 2013

Home Forums Turkey Hunting CT Turkeys 2013

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff July 22, 2013 at 8:01 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Didn’t even bother going out yesterday. Absolutely no gobbling here on the hill.

wishinone
    Participant

Left work early to give it a go this morning being it’s suppose to rain the next 4 days. It was so dark when I went into the woods I went past the trail I was suppose to go up, so I had some back tracking to do after going up another trail. Heard 4 birds gobbling but all over the hill on private property, I had one going for a half hour or so but he turned and headed future away still gobbling. Finally heard one behind me gobble three times but that was that, I heard a hen in the area while I was walking out but I could”t even get her excited. Not totally sure but may be done chasing birds, will have to see what kind of weather we get next week.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

It’s just one of those damn years. I think the late arrival of spring made things a little screwy. At least here it did.

wishinone
    Participant

Things not looking too good as far as poults go this year, for several years I’ve been helping out the DEP by recording all hens and hens with poults seen from June 1st to Sept 30th and all I’ve seen so far is one hen three weeks ago.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I haven’t seen any yet either. Seeing hens in the fields but they are all alone.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Finally seen my first flock yesterday morning here on the hill.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.