Fishing CT 2016

Home Forums Fishing Fishing CT 2016

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone June 18, 2016 at 8:40 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Thought the title of this thread would be fishing FL but has yet to happen so it looks like I will be doing some fishing here. Calling for temps to hit into the 70’s here mid week and I just read a report that they stocked the
    Salmon River already for catch and release fishing so it’s time to dig out the fly rods and remove the deer cart from the back of my truck.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I’m thinking the same thing. Ice out will be early this year time to get the boat ready.

wishinone
    Participant

Sent the reel for my boat rod out to Calif. for repair two weeks ago, got email today it’s fixed and was only charged $30.00 for it and $14.50 of that is shipping back.

wishinone
    Participant

Opening day for trout season and I’m sitting home, two inches of rain Thursday will have the steams flowing high and near impossible to fly fish. Will take a ride later to see what’s going on.

wishinone
    Participant

Went down to river this afternoon to check things out, after watching people catching nothing for 15 minutes I grabbed my gear and headed upstream. First time skunked in two years, not one hit in an hour and a half.

wishinone
    Participant

Back down to the river to try my luck and ended up with another goose egg, had one “maybe” hit and lost three flys to the rocks. Was told by another fisherman that the water temp was only 46 degrees, slowing down the fishes desire to feed. Air temp got close to 60 yesterday and will be close to same today so I will give it another try later this morning.

wishinone
    Participant

Just got back from the river and still didn’t catch anything. Saw two stocking trucks drive by without putting any fish in and thought to myself WTF, was told by another fisherman that they said there was too many fish in that section of the river and therefore would not stock this week BS. I watched a guy catch about 30 trout, all small in size and from one spot. He and his buddy took turns swapping out while one fished the other took a break, I’ll be there at dark thirty tomorrow morning and be sure to get that spot. As I put my gear away I saw a guy drive away that had his rod leaning against the side of his SUV, I ran down the road after him but he didn’t see me so I picked up the Sage rod and reel and laid it across the back of my truck. About ten minutes he’s back thanking me and telling me it’s the second time he did it this year.

wishinone
    Participant

What a morning, got to the river before daylight and had to gear up using a flashlight being I forgot my head lamp. Dawn was breaking when I made my way down to the river and other fishermen started to show up. Air temp was in the high 20’s causing ice to form on the line and build up in the guides, was very happy I had some cut down gloves to keep my hands warm. Fishing at the spot I wanted I started catching rainbow after rainbow using a nymph the entire time, I would catch two or three then the fishing died down for five to ten minutes then another two to three trout I quit counting when I reached a dozen caught plus missing a bunch also. In this time I seen only two other trout caught by other fishermen, the right spot made one hell of a difference. On the way home I drive by A field I always check for deer and turkeys, didn’t see any but a bobcat was crossing about 30 yards from the road. I hit the brakes and backed up, the bobcat took one look and me and took off running into the brush, it was icing on the cake for a great morning.

wishinone
    Participant

Another good morning, fished two hours and caught seven trout, six rainbows and a foot long brook trout. Used a Zonker streamer this morning hoping to catch some bigger fish but didn’t pan out for me. A guy downstream hooked a big one and when he got it close his leader snapped and the fish was gone. Will probably try again tomorrow if I can get my butt up again at 4 AM.

wishinone
    Participant

Started fishing in the dark and only was getting short hits, switched fly and managed to catch 3 or 4 rainbows then it just died. For a Sunday morning not many guys out, I would have tried some nymphing but said I’ll be home around 7.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.