Fishing CT 2016

Home Forums Fishing Fishing CT 2016

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone June 18, 2016 at 8:40 am.

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Went down Monday afternoon, only a few guys fishing and it was super slow catching, after four hours I finally managed to catch one rainbow then called it an afternoon and headed home for a cold one or two.

wishinone
    Participant

Woke up at 4:20 so figured might as well go fishing, got to the river as dawn was breaking and was surprised to see someone already fishing. Started throwing a zonker and a couple of short hits, other guy wasn’t catching either, as it got light the fish turned on for a short while and I managed to catch three and the other guy two. Hung up on bottom and lost my fly, tied on a couple of others and couldn’t buy another hit. I caught movement above me and a osprey landed on a branch above us, within a minute a big splash and she was off with a trout breakfast for her little ones. Headed up stream and caught one more rainbow and a few short hits, suppose to rain tomorrow I hope so the river is pretty low and we have a fire danger in the woods.

wishinone
    Participant

Went down to Harkness Park to do some salt water fishing, spent $24 on bait and didn’t catch squat. Turkey hunting the next two days then think I’ll be done for the year.

wishinone
    Participant

Went out yesterday on the Blackhawk Head Boat with my friend Bill, we made a two hour trip across the Long Island Sound to fish in the Peconic Bay of LI. Fishing for porgies was hot and heavy I actually got tired of baiting my hooks, first you bait the hooks then drop to the bottom and within seconds you are getting hits and either hook a fish or two or they clean your hook so you have to start over. I didn’t want to keep any but my friend Bill said he would take what ever I didn’t release, he ended up taking home 40 fish. We released 26, had to throw back 7 nice black sea bass being the season isn’t open in NY, caught some sea robins and Bill hooked a two foot long bluefish. Left at 6 AM and back at 4 PM, a long fun day.

wishinone
    Participant

Trying to decide yesterday if I should go turkey hunting or trout fishing, wife said go trout fishing so I did, probably for the last time this year. Water is super low in the river but they still stocked yesterday I got there at 5AM but several people beat me there. Hooked two rainbows one wanted to keep jumping and ended up jumping up onto shore, had a few other hits but missed. After giving a half pint of blood to the skitters I headed back home for breakfast.

wishinone
    Participant

Out the door at 4:20 this AM and headed to the Blackhawk to go fishing. After getting into NY waters the tide was not moving so fishing was very slow for the first 45 minutes or so but with the tide moving it was lock and load for porgies and black seabass which had to be released. After two hours everybody (34 fishermen) limited out and the Captain said lets head back to CT and try for black seabass there where’s the season is open. A good decision as we caught a hundred keepers and released over a hundred shorts, that’s it for me for a couple of weeks until I get back from NC.

wishinone
    Participant

Blaine Anderson (Shimano field rep and former CT fishing guide) cast his net into a school of bunker this morning. Along with the bunker these came up in the net.

Attachments:

wishinone
    Participant

Went out Monday with the boat heading to Montauk, we fished for porgies and fluke and also caught black seabass, skates and one sand shark. One more trip on the Blackhawk for me to try and catch one last striped bass before I move to FL.

wishinone
    Participant

My buddy Joe called me yesterday and asked me to meet him at the Salmon River here in CT, my gear is packed away so I couldn’t fish but he managed to catch four trout with one being a 18 inch rainbow and one a 21 inch brown trout. We had a few brews together and shared memory’s from the years we fished together and said our goodby’s as I should be moving within the next two week to FL.

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.