FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 69 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone October 18, 2017 at 1:29 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 70 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Went out yesterday for the seventh time here in FL, was wade fishing during the incoming tide. Had a few good hits but didn’t hook up and a bunch of other hits with grunts and other trash fish stealing the shrimp bait. Finally hooked up and landed my first redfish, not a keeper but I was happy to get it.

wishinone
    Participant

After catching him I heard a loud splash around the corner and saw three fins head my way, if I didn’t hear them blowing air I would have been worried, they swam to within 20 yards of me. The bird kept me company when I got out of the water and fished off the pier for a while to use up my bait.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Looks like your having fun

wishinone
    Participant

Been making to many trips to Dicks Sporting Goods and Bass Pro Shops, we use a lot of plastics down here and all the fish have teeth, if you get a hit and don’t hook the fish the fish chomps your bait in half. Bought a combo Penn pole and reel six weeks ago for $99.00 after eight times used the reel locked up and wouldn’t budge, I took it apart and could find nothing wrong it’s turning now but I can’t trust it. I looked it up online and they want $109.00 for it, what a piece of crap it is damn thing isn’t even sealed to keep out the water. Saw this rainbow when I got to the shore yesterday.

Attachments:

wishinone
    Participant

Last two trips I was caught in three storms, when it rains down here it comes down in buckets. The wind was blowing into shore the last time I went making for hard fishing, I ended up with a lot more of my plastic baits bite in half how the hell they manage to bite them right behind the hook is beyond me. Got a new Penn reel, it got top reviews of all I checked and it looks like no major company makes reels in the US anymore. Dolphins are showing up every day now, it’s nice seeing them but they scare the fish away.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

If you ask me, it seems fishing is real tough down there. When Wyatt was down there a few years ago he said he couldn’t hook into a bass if his life depended on it.

wishinone
    Participant

Have to learn new ways (for me) to catch fish, getting no help from my friend as I’ve gone ten times and he’s gone only once and went back to the truck and fell asleep on me. Fishing the flats in only one to five feet of water takes getting use to, in CT it went from 30 to over 200 feet. Suppose to be invited on someone’s boat this coming week, I hope it turns out.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

The fishing up here on the Salmon river is on fire right now.

wishinone
    Participant

The fishing up here on the Salmon river is on fire right now.

They are doing well in the Lake also according to the reports I’ve read.

wishinone
    Participant

Had a very slow start today, I had to wait for the tide to start moving until it did I wasted a lot of walking and casting along the shore. When the tide started coming in fish started breaking water all around me but I couldn’t catch anything so I made my way back to the midway point. I was tossing a Z-man saltwater spinner bait and had a few hits without hooking up, about thirty yards away something good sized busted some bait fish so I made the move and on my second cast I was hooked up to a legal size redfish (have to be over 18 inches and under 27 inches to keep) a few more hits and misses so I moved down shore and managed to catch a second one. A while later I moved again and was having hit after hit but missed them all so I slowed up my retrieve and hooked into a third redfish my best day so far fishing here in FL.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.