FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 76 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone January 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good deal.

wishinone
    Participant

Well two weeks later and all I have caught is a couple of grunts and small snappers, first the storm on the east coast caused a mess with the water (read weeds and grass) then the full moon this week made for super high and low tides and the fish just haven’t returned to my part of the gulf. Will give it a rest for a few days then try again.

wishinone
    Participant

Good day fishing yesterday with my friend George, a lot of first for me but still not a legal fish to bring home. I caught pinfish, grunts, black seabass, lizard fish (ugly sob), grouper, spotted sea trout and one of those fish you see attached to the bottom of sharks. While reeling in the trout I thought the sinker caught on something but then it was free, the sinker didn’t catch anything but something bit the trout in half I had another hit that the fish bit through the leader. Birds are too use to people down here, shore birds come right up to you and blackbirds go right into you vehicle if the windows are down.

wishinone
    Participant

Fished with two friends yesterday out of ones boat, he told me boat was ten years old but the dang thing looked brand new to me. Lots of fish caught and a bunch of hooks lost until we figured there was mackerel chomping through out leaders, so we switched to wire leaders and that solved the problem. I caught an 18 inch mackerel and both guys said they were pretty sure it was the biggest they’ve ever seen. Was interesting to see houses built over the water, none seemed to be effected by the storms of the summer.

wishinone
    Participant

Out on Thursday wearing waders for the first time, water is still in low 70’s but when it hits your crotch a bit too cool. Went to a point where a guy told me he lost a good fish, didn’t take long and I had a two foot redfish using live shrimp for bait but that was the only hit I had there so I went to another area and feed pufferfish and pinfish, both pains in the butt so I went to make another move. While walking toward shore I stepping on something lost my footing and down I went with the waders filling up with water, I got up on one knee but couldn’t stand up so I went on my hands and knees closer to shore where I used my rod and reel to push myself upright. Had to pour water out of my camera and of course all papers in my wallet got wet, that ended that day of fishing. I wanted to go again yesterday but was asked to go to Bass Pro Shop by a friend, I did a few things this morning and then checked the tide tables, with a front coming in I figured the incoming tide should be good. Got there an hour later than I wanted to as soon as I got to a sandbar I could see redfish swimming around, I tossed a shrimp in front of one but didn’t see others and they all spooked. I then cast out in front of me and I saw the shrimp get excited and my float went down. I hauled back and thought I was stuck in a oyster bar as my float went flying into the air one way as my line went the other, the fish made a 40-50 yard run and I started to move it back but it took off again and again. Finally I got to see it was a huge redfish, as I got it close it swam circles around me and I saw another dozen or so fish following it, of course no camera as still not working so I put my rod against it and marked the spot where the tail ended. I sure the fish was well over 30 pounds the length was 45 inches an inch bigger than my biggest striper. Caught a 22 inch speckled trout and another over slot redfish before the wind started to pick up with the cold front coming, to keep one redfish it has to be between 18 and 27 inches the trout have to be between 15 and 20 inches but you are allowed one fish over 20 inches per day.

wishinone
    Participant

Went out fishing on Monday and caught 7 speckled trout, 3 pinfish and a pufferfish, went Tuesday and only caught 2 trout, 3 pufferfish and my first sheepshead. I had to take off yesterday but headed back down today to fine a front coming in with high winds. I fished a few hours without a hit and moved twice to no avail so I headed back where I started, a few cast in a nice slot redfish nails the spinnerbait I get it to shore and realize using lures instead of bait I had no stringer to put it on. Back out to the same spot and 20 minutes later something hits the lure twice and misses then my line is peeling out as the fish takes a long run. After a good fight I have my first snook and it’s three feet long of course the season ended November 30th but I am happy. Video of redfish, picture is sheepshead, battery died so no pictures of snook.

GOPR0072

Redfish caught today.

GOPR0066

Attachments:

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Thats a big fish in that video.

wishinone
    Participant

almost 27 inches, I wish I had video of the 45 incher I caught a month ago.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Is that a gopro video?

wishinone
    Participant

Yes, from the GoPro I still don’t have a regular camera.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.