FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 76 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone January 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

First time in five days, got there at 7:30 to an incoming tide within ten minutes I had a hit but missed it then a few cast later I hooked up to my first AJ, only about five pounds but a good fight.

My first Amberjack

Thought I hooked into another redfish, but I was wrong.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Nice. Looked to  be a calm morning

wishinone
    Participant

Cold front killed the fishing last week, very little caught, I went down this morning and had a decent few hours with 5 spotted seatrout caught and two lost on the way in.  A lot of people fish the outflow from the power plant, I’ve stayed away from there because it gets pretty crowded, I had a lot of birds keeping me company today.  Tried to post pictures but new camera has them oversize for the forum, I have a program somewhere to shrink them will look for and then post pictures tomorrow.

wishinone
    Participant

Resized pictures from yesterday

wishinone
    Participant

Bought a pair of chest waders soon after I moved here in July I didn’t start using them until late November and after using them a few times they started leaking.  Last week the right foot filled up with water to almost my knee, I couldn’t find a hole anywhere in them I just bad seams.  On a chance I took them back to Dicks Sporting Goods and was told I had to deal with the manufacture, then a young female asst. manager said if I could fine another pair in stock she would do an exchange.  Lucky me they had 1 pair in size 11, I would have liked to upgrade to a better boot but couldn’t do it because it was an even exchange plus there was no other size 11’s anyway.  Hats off the Dicks for doing this for me.

wishinone
    Participant

Went fishing yesterday for the last time until next Wednesday at the earliest due to bad weather we have coming.  I bought three dozen shrimp and used them all in about three and a half hours, my first cast I popped the cork and a trout slammed it, my second cast the same thing then it slowed down.  I caught either 7 or 8 can’t remember and I bought three home to have for todays lunch.  Plenty of other fishermen out but far enough away so I couldn’t really see how they were doing.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Hows the fishing been down there. the waters are probably at their coolest for the year.

wishinone
    Participant

Fishing has been off for over the last month, it never really got cold enough to set up a winter pattern for the fish.  If you had a boat it wasn’t too bad but wade fishing was very bad, my last five times out I only caught one spotted seatrout and it was just legal size.  Will give it a go tomorrow morning and see what happens.

wishinone
    Participant

Out this morning but again the fishing was slow, only one trout caught and pinfish and pufferfish eating $10.00 worth of bait.  Got to see my first live flamingo, bird was by itself for some reason, and the trout was the first fish caught on a new jig I bought a few weeks ago.  Bad weather coming in tonight and tomorrow, I’ll see about getting out again on Tuesday.

wishinone
    Participant

Went fishing yesterday to clear my mind, the tide was  flying in fast and it turned into a flood tide.  Tried here and tried there but nothing but bait stealing pinfish and pufferfish, finally hooked into a small trout and that was it.  I’ll give it a try again on Thursday.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.