FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 67 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff October 16, 2017 at 5:56 am.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Sounds good. You might have to modify the seat a bit or replace it with a good one.Is it a sit in or on top? How is it stable wise? Did you feel you were going to roll it?

wishinone
    Participant

Pretty stable after you get use to it, another guy who bought one said it took some doing to flip it over and then very hard to get back in.  Don’t want to go over as it cost $80.00 for a new recharge kit for my life preserver.  Still had wind today but managed to row a couple of miles all the way down the bay to toss a chatter bait around, I had a few light hits then a ladyfish hit the lure and went airborne a couple of times before throwing to hook.  A few more light hits and I switched over to a live shrimp on a 1/0 hook.  I caught some big trout today and they fought like hell, got a few pictures but hard to take them and hold rod at the same time.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good deal, nice fish

wishinone
    Participant

Good fishing at first light this morning as I paddled into feeding redfish in  grass, tried a small plug then a spoon but kept coming up with grass on the hooks so I switched over to live shrimp.  The shrimp run small this time of year but being the first customer at the bait shop paid off with a bunch of bigger ones in the bait bucket.  Caught my first redfish out of the kayak and several trout and a couple of pinfish, one of those bastards got me good with one of his fins.  Didn’t realize my finger was in front of the camera lens when I took pictures, will try to do better when I go back out on Wednesday.

wishinone
    Participant

There is a group called the CCA and I think all states in the gulf and east coast have their own groups.  FL and TX have Redfish Tournaments with tagged fish released in all counties and up for grabs are five boat and motor packages and a $49,000 pick-up truck.  Three of the boats have been won by members, but at least fifteen tagged fish have been caught by non-members so they are SOL, two caught in the last two days.  Great prizes for other fish to, and you can enter one of each per day for chance to win during a drawing at the end of the tournament.  What made me write this is a woman caught one yesterday out of a kayak and she never saw the tag until she was home cleaning the fish, the dang thing is four inches long and she didn’t see it.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I’d join the club if I were you. You never know.

wishinone
    Participant

I am a member being George said we had to join, he still hasn’t.  Another non-member caught one over this past weekend and just reported it, freaking unbelievable.  First one at bait shop again this morning and only three big shrimp in bag of 1000, the other 997 were very small but I bought three dozen anyway.  Had redfish on but line was wrapped around my reel and I ended up loosing it, caught a jumbo trout on one of the big shrimp and some smaller trout  on the little ones along with a bunch of pinfish and one needlefish, these sob’s have a four inch beak with about 50 sharp teeth their mouth is very small so you don’t catch many which is good.  Rest day tomorrow back out Friday.

wishinone
    Participant

More redfish caught by non-member of CCA, they lost out of ten’s of thousands of dollars in prizes.  My best day fishing yesterday out of the kayak, five different species of fish caught, redfish, trout, ladyfish, pinfish and jacks.  I have to teach myself to fish different than up north, the redfish are caught in a foot of water and less, I caught my first one on a gulp shrimp and jig head.  Don’t know when I’ll get out again, daughter and granddaughters are on their way for a few days before then head to Orlando to see friends there.  First redfish was pushing 30 inches

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good deal. Nice fish

wishinone
    Participant

Another tagged redfish caught by a non member of CCA, this one not far from here the guy cut the tag off and released the fish thinking he was going to get something for the tag.  Out for first time in ten days or so and didn’t know what to expect after yesterdays tropical storm, storm was so small it covered only four counties.  Turned out to be a trout day, one after the other, small ones early then bigger ones when the tide started to move again.  Was hoping for a redfish but tide was coming in and the area was flooded, will have to wait until next week for the tide I want.  Was told by my buddy he picked up his boat from the shop late this morning, he wanted to test it tomorrow but I have a four hour test at the doctors starting at noon so hopefully will get out Thursday.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.