FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 69 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone October 18, 2017 at 1:29 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Doctors suck, fishing is better

wishinone
    Participant

Out this morning before the sun came up, tide was a bit too high for redfish but I may have hooked one or rather didn’t hook it, for whatever reason I never set the hook and the fish was gone after pulling 20 yards of line off the spool.  Lots of bait stealers this morning but still managed to catch a half dozen trout, plus caught my second snook since moving to FL, it grabbed a Berkley gulp bait when I was reeling my jig in, I put the rod between my legs while I got the camera out and when I went to lift the fish for a picture the hook pulled out.  May do some wade fishing Sunday I'[m not sure yet but will be back out with the kayak for sure again on Monday.

wishinone
    Participant

Sundays wade fishing was kind of a bust, only catching croakers, pinfish and small snappers until the tide was almost high, then I caught three small trout before running out of bait.  This morning it was still dark when I got to launch spot and loaded my gear in the kayak.  I was paddling out when I saw movement on the surface which turned out to be a school of mullet, they made a right turn away from me so I paddled out some more and here comes another school.  Redfish follow the mullet to pick up whatever they scare up off the bottom, this school came close so I tossed a live shrimp into it and in seconds a 26 inch redfish picked it up and took off pulling drag.  Had a real good fight but it wore the fish out so in a few minutes I’m going to eat it for lunch.  Redfish all over the place but they were too far for me to get to or I ended up spooking them away.  Started drifting for trout and caught only one within 5 minutes of starting, legal fish at 16 inches but I released it quick.  Doctors tomorrow and Wednesday, hope to get out again Thursday.

wishinone
    Participant

After a month of restrictions and almost a week in the hospital I went out in the kayak this past Monday and Tuesday.  Nothing caught the first day but way too many catfish were caught on Tuesday before I finally caught a trout.  Will be fishing again this Monday and hope to report better results.

wishinone
    Participant

Went wade fishing yesterday for the first time in ages and ended up catching 8 spotted seatrout, I was a happy camper.  This morning I took the kayak and managed to catch another seven two of them over 20 inches, when I got back to shore horseshoe crabs were mating all over the place, a couple went for my feet.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Pretty neat those crabs.

wishinone
    Participant

Went wade fishing this morning and was caught off guard by the extreme high tide, I tossed spoon’s, and chatter baits for over an hour without a hit so I switched over to live shrimp.  I caught a couple of decent size trout before too long and then I tossed my line out looked behind me because I heard splashing (turned out to be a guy walking his dog along the shore) and when I turned back I didn’t see my float and my line was heading towards shore.  To my surprise a fluke (flounder here in the south) took my bait, I think it’s the first one I caught down here.  I moved about 100 yards and started having hit after hit, I ended up with ten trout, the fluke and 4 ladyfish before I ran out of bait, not bad for a little over three hours of fishing.

Attachments:

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Are the fluke easy to fillet?

wishinone
    Participant

Yes, you get two good fillets and two thinner ones, I released this one as it was only about 14 inches.

wishinone
    Participant

Wind blew like hell yesterday and was suppose to do it again today so I went wade fishing again.  Weather man should have said windy in the afternoon because it was pretty calm this morning.  Had two guy ahead of me at the bait store and Bob (the owner) told me he was almost out of shrimp and yesterday he hardly sold any.  I seen lots of blue claw crabs moving around this morning, the first time this year one actually walked into my right foot but scooted fast when I moved it a little.  Fishing started slow until I moved to another area, then I caught seven trout and a mangrove snapper before running out of bait.  I was watched by another fisherman for awhile but he stayed in his tree and never dove on anything while I was there.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.