FL Fishing

Home Forums Fishing FL Fishing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 76 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone January 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 71 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Got some catching up with my post here, this is from 10/23/17

Tide was going to be late so I didn’t leave until 10 AM, when I got there I could see I should have left an hour earlier. Very overcast day and decent breeze blowing with thunder showers coming in from the Gulf. Pretty good day of fishing I ended up with 10 trout, two very small jacks and four pinfish. When I got to my second spot I heard screeching behind me and turned to see an eagle land in a pine tree, he stayed there for quite awhile. Of course when I went towards shore he flew and before I knew it he was flying by about 25 yards out over the water, he went back and forth three times and tried to catch a fish twice to no avail. On the way down the trail he was sitting on top of a very dead tree.

wishinone
    Participant

11/4/17

Went kayak fishing Thursday the first time in awhile, I caught this small redfish (who hit like a big boy) and lost a good one when my Gulp shirmp folded over on the hook. I caught 6 spotted seatrout and a ladyfish before calling it a day. Got to be careful with those fangs on the seatrout, I lost count of how many times they jump or flop around and got me.

wishinone
    Participant

11/12/17

Went out kayak fishing on Friday and couldn’t buy a bite, tide was a lot lower than what was expected and it was like a red tide came through if it wasn’t for the hundreds of ladyfish jumping all over the place. Went wade fishing this morning getting there right after first light, there was five other guys there ahead of me plus a couple of guys in kayaks. Tide was high (but no where near a flood tide) and nothing was hitting until the water started moving out, I caught 20 plus spotted seatrout a few over the two foot mark and after a brief shower a big rainbow behind me.

wishinone
    Participant

11/14/17

It finally happened and there is no video or witnesses, I was getting into my kayak this morning and lost my balance and fell into the water and luckly my life vest didn’t go off and fill with air. It’s freaking $80.00 for a recharge kit for them, and I hope never to have to buy one. Wind out of the northeast and more than I wanted for kayak fishing, for starters I paddled into some reeds and tossed some gulp and then some live shrimp. Pinfish and needlefish getting both baits until I have a redfish take off with a live shrimp in it’s mouth, nice two foot long fish that I should have kept for dinner tonight. Caught a trout on each bait then I had to call it the wind was too much for me to be out there. Birds were in tree by where I pull kayak out.

wishinone
    Participant

11/17/17

Should have stayed home yesterday, my friend George got the OK from his doctor to start doing things again and the weather man said “gentle winds today” but once we got out into the Gulf it was close to howling with white caps all around. It looked great when we launched at Anclote River Park but after two hours fighting the wind we had to head back in and call it a day. We only caught a baby jack, 1 pinfish, one ladyfish and one mackerel and only caught the mack because after getting bit off three times we switched over to wire leaders.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Was wondering about your fishing updates

wishinone
    Participant

We had quite a cold snap here along with the rest of the country and ended up having die offs of fish here and there.  Temp a few days ago was 54 degrees, yesterday it was up to 58 degrees but now we have another cold front coming through.  Went fishing two days ago and did manage to catch one trout and lost another one on the way in.  Our bait now is so small being the netters are fishing in Tampa Bay instead of the gulf because with the cold water the shrimp bury themselves into the mud.  Going nuts not being able to get out, hopefully it will warm back up soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 71 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.