FL Turkey Hunting and Scouting

Home Forums Turkey Hunting FL Turkey Hunting and Scouting

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone April 20, 2017 at 8:28 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good deal

wishinone
    Participant

Talking to woman down street last evening and she told me she had a hen and pouts behind her place yesterday morning.  Went outside this morning with glass call and had gobbler answer from several hundred yards away.  Will be heading up the line to hunt tomorrow morning, hope I can get at least one going there.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good luck

wishinone
    Participant

Got to my spot before the sun started to break, I only saw one car on the upper end and I was the only hunter on the bottom.  Sun started to rise, owls were going off, cows and dogs were carrying on and the crows started early but not one gobble to be heard.  Set up in a couple of spots to no avail and around 9:30 the wind started to kick in, a large limb broke off a tree in front of me and crashed to the ground I decided it was time to go.  I heard from the guys who went to the hunt camp last weekend and with me working the two birds I had better luck than them I don’t feel bad I didn’t get to hunt there now.

wishinone
    Participant

Very high winds kept me away from the woods for two weekends, now some of the special permit areas allow everybody to hunt them now.  Had game management area only 20 something miles away I planned to check out but large (over 1000 acres) brush fire there closed the area.  Over 100 fires going on right now in FL, the season ends this Sunday I’ll have to consider this year a learning experience.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I’d say. We start in another week and am kinda looking forward to it.

wishinone
    Participant

If I could drive there in a day I would come up, but 1300 miles is a bit much

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.