Looking Good

Home Forums Turkey Hunting Looking Good

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff April 23, 2012 at 11:42 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

I know we have three months to go before hitting the woods for spring gobblers but right now it’s looking like a banner season is coming. I have seen several large flocks in the area and have been asked by coworkers where did all the turkeys come from because they are seeing the same in their areas. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the season will be as good as it looks now.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Ya I hear you. We had probably 21 gobblers up on top of the hill behind Miles old place just after deer season running around.

wishinone
    Participant

Out scouting this morning but didn’t hear a gobble, just tweety birds, roosters, dogs and yotes howling.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

I have only seen 2 gobblers so far this spring and very little if any hens. I have yet to hear any gobbling on the hill. These 20 degree mornings will put a brake on things I suspect.

wishinone
    Participant

Out to state land where I plan to hunt opening day next Wednesday and let me tell you the gobblers were going nuts, I couldn’t count how many were sounding off. The only problem was they were way down the road on a tree farm, I did hear a jake do a couple of half gobbles up the hill and a hen doing some soft yelps.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good luck. I’ll be out Tuesday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.