My 2011 Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting My 2011 Season

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff December 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Been on vacation for over a week and this morning was my first time out, due to personal injury and father being in the hospital out of state. I was in my stand for about 45 minutes I heard leaves crunching and spotted a fawn about 60 yards away, about 15 minutes later a doe follows the same route. It started to rain pretty good so I lowered my bow to the ground and look up to see a doe with twins looking at me, don’t matter they are safe where I’m hunting. This afternoon I had a doe and fawn in my front yard eating crab apples, I watched them go around back and went on my computer, a bit later I look out and think the doe is still there until it put it’s head up and I saw antlers. I got out the door without being spotted but when I went to open my cellar door the damn thing screeched and the buck ran back a bit, I grabbed my bow and knocked an arrow but when I got back outside the buck was gone. I hope to see him in the AM if it isn’t pouring out.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Aint that how it always is.

wishinone
    Participant

Finished changing the brakes on the Mrs Escape and walked around back to see a doe coming toward the yard, the wind was blowing right to her and she spooked and ran back into the woods. Five minutes later here she comes again and as I watch her here come Daisy and her twin button bucks down the hill. I figured if the deer are moving like at before 3 o’clock I better get my butt into the woods. As luck would have it I kick out a deer near my stand, I see the back of a deer going through a thicket 100 yards or so down the hill and that is it. The wind was kind of weird, blowing like a SOB for a few minutes that calm for ten to fifteen minutes, I plan to give it another try in the morning then back to work for me.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

You need to retire soon so you can hunt all the time.

wishinone
    Participant

Three more years, will probably have to work part time to buy bait for fishing and shellls for hunting.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Plenty of work on the internet you can do to make a part time income.

wishinone
    Participant

Went out back to check out the new camera I put out last week, only 3 pictures and I can’t make out anything in them. I’m afraid all the limbs and trees down has made the deer make new trails, not one track in the snow where they used to come through the stone wall. My stand will still be good for gun hunting but I’m pretty sure I’m screwed as far as bow hunting out of it.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

After yesterdays heat wave, snow should all gone by now.

wishinone
    Participant

No heatwave here, big problem with black ice this morning on the roads home.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Frosty mornings but I was out in a T shirt today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.