My 2011 Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting My 2011 Season

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff December 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

It figures, I wake up this morning and look out the window and a buck is feeding on leaves of apple branches I cut down yesteday. No Sunday hunting here in CT so he is safe.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Bummer

wishinone
    Participant

Pulled the SD cards from the cameras this morning and for 3 afternoons in a row that six pointer has been checking out my mock scrape out behind the house. Tonight is my last night to work this week so you can bet I’ll be sitting in my stand tomorrow afternoon and hope he comes by again.

wishinone
    Participant

Here he is loving the smell of the mock scrape.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

You need to be in your tree stand, you keep missing this deer.

wishinone
    Participant

Just got home from work, going to sleep for a few hours and then head to stand.

wishinone
    Participant

Against better judgment I grabbed my bow and headed to my stand this afternoon with the rain coming down pretty steady. I saw nothing but falling leaves and squirrels as my behind got wetter and wetter but as I was ready to call the afternoon done I look up and a big doe with twins (probably Daisy) are walking up. She knew something wasn’t right and kept looking up at me but I didn’t move, for a good ten minutes she walked back and forth looking at me but now it was getting dark so I started burping and clicking my tongue to get them to move off but they wouldn’t budge. Now it was too dark for me to be in the tree so as I got up they finally wondered off. Will give it a try again in the AM as long as it isn’t raining still.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Not raining here now,I think it’s about to snow.

wishinone
    Participant

Rain stopped but wind has started and the trees are moving a bit too much to be in one. Guys are blasting away at ducks on the lake, today must be the opening day of the late season.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Ducks up here have been far and few in between.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.