My 2011 Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting My 2011 Season

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FNW Staff December 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

At my parents in PA last night while walking the dog a buck was chasing a doe around the back yard, you could smell the buck 30 yards away.

wishinone
    Participant

Well it was my last evening bow hunt for the year and with the rut going on and rain coming in I thought for sure the deer would be on the move. Was not to be though, I didn’t see a thing. Back to work tonight and tomorrow get ready for the CT season A gun season which starts Wednesday. Calling for heavy rain but I’m going to have to park my ass and tough it out for the day.

wishinone
    Participant

Today was the first day of gun season, I was up at 3 AM and out the door by 4, got to where I wanted to hunt and the water company had the gate locked for the parking area, a few guys parked where they shouldn’t have but there was no space left so I headed across the road to another spot. Suprised to see only one truck parked there, never did see the other guy or guys. Stuck it out until 3:30, it had been pouring rain for two hours and I had enough, only deer I seen ran across the road soon after I left the house. My hunting buddy didn’t see a thing either, very little shooting today maybe due to being so warm and on that note being it is warm out the ticks are out in force.

wishinone
    Participant

I hunted out back today, seeing nothing in the AM and heading back out this afternoon (again in the rain)for two and a half hours. Didn’t take too long and I see two deer coming, then out of the corner of my eye I catch movement to my left a doe is walking away from me. That doe meets another one they checked each other out and one heads to the two deer I saw and joins up. Turns out to be a doe and her twins I sit until dark and see nothing else. Back down to the water company property tomorrow morning and hope for better luck there.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Good luck. Way too cold to rain here yesterday. Snowing out now and windy.

wishinone
    Participant

Well out this AM and again the only deer I see is along the road on the way to the water company property. I hear a shot up the hill and find out that my buddy tagged a doe and he ask me to bring my cart to make it easier to bring it back to the parking lot. He gives me directions and there are so many trees down I don’t even see the trail I’m suppose to take, so I back track and he heads down the hill to meet me. A half hour later the deer is in the back of his truck and we go for a bite to eat, after eating I head for home and he goes to check the deer in. He gives me a call and tells me they told him that his is only the second deer checked in in three days, that sucks big time, it looks like I’m done hunting there.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

You got way too many deer out back to be putting on miles. I’d hunt out back.

wishinone
    Participant

Sat in stand a few hours last night, only see two fawns and they walked right by me. My buddy called last night and he said he say a piebald 4 pointer and three does at the water company property while walking out last night. It’s been years since I’ve seen a piebald deer.

wishinone
    Participant

Went out yesterday morning and nothing going on, couldn’t hunt the area in the PM being there was kids building a tree fort within a couple on hundred yards of my stand. No Sunday hunting here in CT, so will catch up on some rest and decide what to do tomorrow.

wishinone
    Participant

The season has been uneventful this year, the temps have been way too high so the deer haven’t been moving except at night. On the way to work last night I had to stop dead in the road because a buck was chasing a doe around right in the middle of it. Two more day of the regular deer season for me than blackpowder season opens next Wednesday don’t think I’ll be doing that being I have to work 12 out of 13 days.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.