Not For Me

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting Not For Me

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone December 28, 2016 at 8:00 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Tried to contact a friend over the weekend and couldn’t get in touch with him until that night, he said he went to hunting camp and they cleared out around the feeders and after the season they had to brush hog the trails heading to the stands. I asked, don’t you mean before the season and he said no because bow season opens next week, with temps in the low 90’s every day I think I’ll wait until December or January before I do any hunting down here.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Thats the bad part of FL. Been flirting with 40 degree mark these last few mornings up here.

wishinone
    Participant

The temps I could live with, the skitters and nats will eat the hell out of you and if you do kill something it has to be processed right away.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Everything opens today here including duck hunting. Been cool raw and damp here for a couple of days. Ran the pellet stove all night for the first time this season.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Has it cooled off enough to go out now? When does the deer season end down there?

wishinone
    Participant

Different seasons throughout the state, here the gun season ends January 27th.¬† We have had record or near record high temps here all month, one friend who went deer hunting¬† a few weeks back said he never seen so many turkeys so that’s what I’m looking forward too this coming spring.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.