NY 2011 Deer Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting NY 2011 Deer Season

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone December 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Today is opening day of our NY deer season. getting ready to hit the woods in Otsego County

wishinone
    Participant

Good luck guys, if the weather is anything like it is here it should be a good morning.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

The first day of the season has come and gone. We seen plenty of deer and had a few in the scope but decided to let them walk. We saw two bucks. A 4 pointer walked in front of us. Wyatt was to shoot it, but he could not get ahead of me into position fast enough. I had the deer in the scope but there was too much crap in the way and I really didnt want to shoot it. early in the morning we came a cross a BIG 10 pointer. i couldnt get him to stand still enough to get the cross hairs on him. It was a far shot 200 yds. we tried to get up closer to him, but he slipped out on us by the time we got to the hill above. To me it looked like the deer was limping. We heard a shot a bit earlier from the area he came from.

Lots and I mean lots of deer hunters out on opening day blasting away. Lots of shots before shooting time and plenty of shots after shooting hours.

wishinone
    Participant

Well, at least you guys seen some deer yesterday, maybe you’ll be lucky this afternoon.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Was too busy on Sunday to get in a full days hunt. Way too warm outside for deer movement.

Went out for a few hours yesterday morning and ended up missing a doe broadside at about 70 yards. I was shooting up hill and shot right over her back.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Rain pretty much ruined yesterday. Will give it a whirl this morning.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Warm weather has put a damper on the season here. You gotta move around to find them.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Was a windy and chilly day in the blind. Only the squirrels were moving.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

was a nice night in the blind last night with the light snow falling. Deer have been nocturnal for the last few days, that’s for sure.

wishinone
    Participant

They are starting to run again here, full moon is coming along with the second rut.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.