NY 2011 Deer Season

Home Forums Deer & Deer Hunting NY 2011 Deer Season

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone December 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

We put on a lot of miles on the boots yesterday and didnt even kick up one deer. You can however tell that the deer were moving at dusk with all the shooting heard.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Just got in from a late morning early afternoon hunt. You cant see 10 feet in front of you with all the snow on the tree’s. Seeing lots and lots of deer tracks though. Will attempt another late evening hunt out back.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Went out last night and Wyatt got a doe just before end of shooting time.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well our 2011 rifle season is now closed. Time to break out the ol smoke pole.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Dont know how and am a little confused, but I managed in missing a big doe yesterday from the game blind. She crossed in front of me at about 35 yards broadside. Couldnt find any sign she had been hit and lost her tracks after the 6th bound. So many deer tracks up in that field I had no clue which way she went after leaving my sight. No signs of blood or hair. I circled the are 3 times and came up empty.

wishinone
    Participant

It happens, she may have been so close you shot over her back.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Last night sitting in the blind looking at the spot she was standing at, I would have to say I dont think it was more then 25 yards. It blows me away to miss a deer so close. Anyway on my way into the blind I jumped a bedded deer that was laying no more then 50 yards from the blind.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Maybe if the wind dies down a bit I’ll get out this afternoon

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Today is the last day of our deer season. Muzzleloader closes at sunset.

wishinone
    Participant

Ours too, but the bow season runs until the end of the month.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.