NY Spring 2012 Turkey Season

Home Forums Turkey Hunting NY Spring 2012 Turkey Season

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone May 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Opening day was a bust. I didn’t get out in the blind until 8am with all the rain and what not. Still rained on and off for most of the morning. Heard nothing and seen nothing. Woods are at 40% bloom. Going to give it a try for a few hours again this morning and then get my butt in the shop. Wyatt took today off from school to go out on his own.

wishinone
    Participant

Did Wyatt take the gun or his bow ?

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

He took the gun. He called in three hens early in the morning. Had a deer come in and sniff his decoy about mid morning and had 3 toms coming in to his set up late morning but never got to him before 12pm as they hung up on the other side of the road.

wishinone
    Participant

I’ve talked to several people who’ve said the birds are hanging up and not coming in, I think all that warm weather we had a month and more ago screwed us up and had the birds breed early.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

The gobblers up here are still hen crazy. Wyatt was working a couple this morning only to witness a hen come in and take them away.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Went out yesterday morning as the super moon descended behind the trees. Didn’t hear one gobble. Kicked up 6 different deer and seen 2 hens fly off the roost.

wishinone
    Participant

Dang deer did me in this morning, see my post in opening day CT.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Rain is coming down in buckets! No hunting today

wishinone
    Participant

Calling for rain the next four days here.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Have not been out since last Saturday and plan on being out on Friday. they are still gobbling and strutting and it looks to me I’m seeing more and more gobblers being alone and grouped up once again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.