RTF’s Trapping Journal 2011-2012

Home Forums Predator Hunting & Trapping 101 RTF’s Trapping Journal 2011-2012

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    wishinone
    Participant

In the mean time try to catch some mice, they always worked great for fox bait.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

We have some. Wyatt has been trapping them all summer long.I will be back out all day resetting today.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well I reset most areas yesterday while taking advantage of the beautiful weather we had. All except 2 are targeted towards K9. Will be out in a few hours to check them. One area I wanted to reset I couldn’t because the logger logging state land had returned after weeks of being absent

wishinone
    Participant

Do you still have any of those 220 coni-bear’s, they should be set out for coons now before it gets too cold.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Yep and I caught a coon on the second day in one. Had a few out last week and only collected the one.

Checked traps this morning and notta. Did see one heck of a buck while checking traps this morning.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

With all nice quiet warm weather we have been having, comes with no fur. Will have to see what happens over the next few days. We are loosing money now.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Had a sprung trap and just below the set on the trail was a pile of Bobcat scat. I hear howling now across the way where Wyatt set last night. A few hours before it gets light out and time to go check sets.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Pretty much dead up here as far as fur goes. Cant figure whats going on. 10 days gone by and not one fox or coyote to show for it.

wishinone
    Participant

I was hopeing you would catch some yotes quickly, if they find a fox in one of your sets they will tear it up. If I see some fresh roadkill not beat up, I’ll stick it in the freezer and bring it next week.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well tomorrow starts the beaver and mink season here, hopefully we do better in that department.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.