Triple Tail Fish Club, Boat Seawolf 28

Home Forums Fishing Triple Tail Fish Club, Boat Seawolf 28

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wishinone October 2, 2017 at 7:30 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Trips with me and friends George, Big Chris and Little Chris.  Two days ago George had another friend get two battery’s for the boat reconditioned for the electric motor, and the guy was taking the two starting motor battery’s to have them redone.  I asked being the electric motor isn’t mounted on the boat yet why don’t he just replace the starting motor battery’s with the one’s he just got, and he said what a great idea we can go fishing tomorrow.  Yesterday morning we launched about 8 AM and it was low tide, we followed the channel out and headed south.  Fishing started slow before the tide started moving in and we had a stiff north breeze going against the tide so that screwed things up a bit.  George lost a trout boat side and another fish on the way in then I nailed my first trout of the day of a jig head a gulp shrimp, soon George caught his first trout and then he started to catch sail catfish after sail catfish, he wasn’t happy.  We made a move north and checked out inshore but couldn’t find anything but stingrays swimming around, so we headed back out to deeper water where we found the trout stacked up.  We each caught a ladyfish and I caught a sheepshead and we lost count of how many trout we pulled in, doing it we went through 4 dozen shrimp.  Both of us sore as hell after 7 hours on the water but can’t wait to do it again next week.

wishinone
    Participant

Out again one week later and we can’t get any live shrimp for bait, we aren’t happy campers.  We go to the end of the channel turn south for a little bit and start our first drift, the tide is just starting out going which is great for us as we start catching fish right away on jigs baited with Gulp shrimp.  George throws on a piece of squid and had  the rod drifting while tossing lures with another one, soon the rod is bending over and after a decent fight on a light rod he boats a bonnethead shark.  I’m catching trout after trout then something big hits my jig and my drag is screaming as line peels out I’m excited until George says it’s a big sail catfish, a hell of a fight but not what we want to catch.  We caught a lot more trout this week than last week when we were using live bait, mixed in the bag was black seabass, snappers, pufferfish, mackerel and a few others.

We just started a new drift when a good size boat heads out way, I give a wave and then lights go on and it’s the sheriff’s and game wardens together checking out our safety gear and if we had any fish on the boat.  Some of the fish have worms until the water cools down so we are keeping nothing right now but will in another month or so.  The police boat pulls away and we take a break from fishilng for a snack and drink, when I’m putting on a new bait I look up and a dolphin is two feet away giving me the eye, it blows air as I go for my camera I just wasn’t quick enough for a picture.  We have another streak of catching trout until we run out of gulp bait, I’m sure we caught over 50 fish between us.  We hope to get out again this week but mother nature looks to be against us with four days of winds creating waves up to 4 feet.

wishinone
    Participant

wishinone
    Participant

Few more

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.