Turkeys 2016

Home Forums Turkey Hunting Turkeys 2016

This topic contains 45 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone June 15, 2016 at 6:37 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Gonna head out in a minute here for a walk.

wishinone
    Participant

Didn’t hear a dang thing this morning but when set up against a stone wall two bucks went nuts when they caught my scent as they passed by. Antlers on first maybe two inches will be 2 1/2 year old this fall the second much bigger with antlers starting to branch off. On the way home a big gobbler is walking down the trail where they just clear cut the area this past winter.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Heck you got home before me. Same here no gobbling and then the rain started in. Did see 4 different deer with one almost running me over. I had to move and put my hand out to deflect her. I guess I shouldn’t of grunted and pretended to be another deer.

I sat for an half hour on the highest point above and behind the Christmas Tree farm and Marcy power lines. Did some cutt’n and yelping, but got no response. The air is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

wishinone
    Participant

Had to take a shower and go sign some papers for selling the house, on the way home we see the first turkey (hen) this year in a field where we use to see dozens.

wishinone
    Participant

Went to new spot this morning but should have stayed in bed, very bleak out and wind hitting 20 mph plus at times. Went for big ride and couldn’t believe all the places I use to see turkeys, deer or geese have houses built on them, one tiny cornfield left there was seven hens feeding. Rain coming back in tonight and tomorrow, my next turkey hunt may be in NY.

wishinone
    Participant

Vids of a three bird kill by one guy, all three birds are in the frame of the video’s.

4.27.16 1st turkey kill

Called in 2 jakes, David took one… next video we call in 2 more

4/27/16 2nd and 3rd turkey kill

The second and 3rd birds killed after taking one 30min earlier

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

All jakes?

wishinone
    Participant

Had to leave house for awhile this afternoon for appraisal so went to parking area where I’ve been turkey hunting and called a friend to catch up. After pulling out of exit road there was two gobblers strutting with one hen in someone’s front yard.

wishinone
    Participant

All together yesterday while driving around I seen 5 gobblers and 10 hens, was going to try hunting this morning but a lot of rain is only a few miles away and heading this way.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Should of been out this morning but I slept in. Clear blue skies for the first time this May. Been seeing a lot of hens alone moving about during daylight. Yesterday afternoon I had 3 in the yard. You’d think they be nesting with all the rain that feel yesterday.

Anyhow reports Im getting from other local guys is that they have been having success.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.