Turkeys 2016

Home Forums Turkey Hunting Turkeys 2016

This topic contains 45 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wishinone June 15, 2016 at 6:37 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author

wishinone
    Participant

Stayed up after midnight last night, should have went to bed and tried hunting this morning it was nice and clear. A couple of guys still hunting here, one hunted till noon yesterday on way out two gobblers walked across trail 20 yards in front of him.

wishinone
    Participant

Our spring season ended yesterday with a record tying 93 degree high for the day, too hot to go out and when I did the other day I donated a quart of blood or so to the sheeters. Odd, when I went out back to change trail cam battery you could see pretty good on the ground but when I went to the state land where I hunt it’s so thick a turkey would be ten yards away and would be hard to see. A good year for me with four gobblers coming to call and in range, only got one but very exciting year.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

Well our season ended an hour and forty forty minutes ago. I was out by twilight and headed up to the power lines. You’d think with all the owls hooting on the roost from various owls I’d get one gobble from somewhere. Notta, not even a peep from a hen all morning. Oh well it’s been the same story for over 5 years now.

wishinone
    Participant

That sucks, it use to be so good there. Next year I should be hunting FL turkeys with George.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

WTF! I had 7 or 8 gobblers run in front of me that were coming off the Marcy power line the same area I hunted on the last day of season. Sons of bitches.

wishinone
    Participant

Back in their bachelor group until next spring.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.