What To Do

Home Forums Camp Fire What To Do

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wishinone
    Participant

Am going to walk new hunting area Saturday morning and I’m thinking of putting out a trailcam if I find a good spot, do I put out of I have here or buy a new one ? Also one of my blinds support pole split and It’s very hard getting it into the hole of the next piece so am looking at the Big Mike blind they have at Dicks Sporting Goods for $160.00 or one like I have now for $60.00. Also thinking about a range finder, but probably won’t be shooting the crossbow more than 40 yards but it does have a crosshair for 50 yards. Doesn’t matter what I do the wife will get pissed.

FNW Staff
    Keymaster

As far as the one pole you can use those fiberglass reflective driveway markers they sell at Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes. They are usually orange. Cut it to size and your good to go. They work cuz Ive done it.

wishinone
    Participant

Went to Cabela’s today after getting my cemo, wanted to get a trail cam on sale and of course they didn’t have a one so picked up a cheap Stealth Cam plus a harness to wear in tree stands. Also wanted a range finder not in stock so got the Bone Crusher also on sale and a replacement fishing bag, the one I’ve been using for years is ready for the trash. Scout a new area tomorrow and find a spot to put the trail cam plus cut some shooting lanes for when I hunt there.

wishinone
    Participant

Took the safety harness out of the box yesterday and was happy to see a DVD with instructions and it said 4 hunts, it actually had 11 hunts on it but I had to click on each one to watch. I got a kick because the DVD said you should never leave a stand up for more than two weeks, the one’s I still have have been up for 12, 10 and 5 years. It also said if you slip and end up hanging in your harness throw it away and get a new one, guess they like you to spend money.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.